Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Curious Case of Benjamin Button is Lengthy


After hearing about the 13 Oscar nominations I had been waiting to see this movie for quite some time. At last this Saturday we made it a point to watch this movie. I had high expectations on this movie. Its a slow paced movie. Oops its a lengthy slow paced movie. But still the movie managed to keep me stick to my seat for 2 hours 45 minutes. The star cast Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett did a great job in their roles. The music in the film is great as well. The make up was awesome for Brad Pitt, right from the start till the end. The cinematography, Special Effects were simply amazing. The story went on just like the way Forest Gump went on. Later I came to know that the makers for both the movies were the same.

Finally its just like our potli baba ki kahaniyan which we used to see in our child hood days in Doordarshan. The similarity in both of them is the story starts with an old man telling about the events going on in his life while he becomes young. I would rate this film as 8 out of 10. This movie and Slumdog Millionaire could not cope up with the hype given to them.

0 comments: